Alec Baldwin to cancel projects after backup pistol incident on set: report

Alec Baldwin to cancel projects after backup pistol incident on set: report

[ad_1]

Alec Baldwin to cancel projects after backup pistol incident on set: report

So far, no charges have been filed and the investigation is ongoing. (Proceedings)

Washington:

Actor Alec Baldwin is canceling other projects after an accidental shooting on the set of his upcoming movie “Rust,” which led to the disappearance of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and left director Joel Souza injured.

A source told People magazine that Baldwin is looking to “take time for himself and re-focus,” as he has during difficult times in the past.

“This was pretty devastating. This is how he handles tough times. Whenever something bad happens, in the short term, he walks away from [the] public eye, “added the source.

The source confirmed to the outlet that Baldwin was “hysterical and absolutely inconsolable for hours” after the shooting. “Everyone knows this was an accident, but they are absolutely devastated,” the source said.

On Thursday, authorities responded to an incident on the set of New Mexico’s ‘Rust’ following calls to 911 indicating that “an individual had been shot on set,” the Santa Fe Sheriff’s Department wrote in a statement. of press obtained by the magazine People.

Upon further investigation, authorities learned that Hutchins and Souza were “shot when Baldwin fired a backup firearm” during a camera test.

Hutchins was airlifted to the University of New Mexico Hospital, where she died of her injuries, according to the sheriff’s department. Souza was hospitalized, but his representatives told Deadline that he has since been discharged.

“[Baldwin] He is someone who really cares deeply, so he can be very hard on himself, “shared the source.” That is generally true in situations that are nowhere near as serious as this. But in this situation, it is a completely different level due to the loss of life involved. “

“It will take time to figure this out,” added the source. “He needs to take time for himself, to be with his family.”

So far, no charges have been filed and the investigation is ongoing.

In the wake of the tragedy, a source previously told People magazine that “Alec is still trying to understand everything that happened. This has been devastating. It has been incredibly difficult.”

Baldwin first spoke about the incident on Friday morning, issuing a two-part statement on Twitter.

“There are no words to convey my shock and sadness over the tragic accident that took the life of Halyna Hutchins, our deeply admired wife, mother and colleague,” the actor began. “I am fully cooperating with the police investigation to address how this tragedy occurred and I am in contact with her husband, offering my support to him and his family,” she continued. “My heart is broken for her husband, her son and everyone who knew and loved Halyna.”

The set of the movie “Rust” was closed after Hutchins’ death, and production was halted indefinitely, according to production company Rust Movie Productions, LLC.

(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is posted from a syndicated feed.)

.

[ad_2]

admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.